Thursday, March 31, 2005

Welcome to My “Musings About Life in a Fallen World”

After writing thoughts on many topics in many different forms for years, I decided to consolidate a few current and ongoing thoughts in one place for those who care to read them. Those who know me know that I have many opinions that have undergone transformations over the last decade as I have continued to search for the heart of God.

I spent four decades of my life trying to be a relatively good person but having no idea why other than public civility. Since that time, I have found that Jesus was the one that I had spent my entire life avoiding, masking and running away from. I now know Jesus as my personal savior and hope to grow in love and knowledge of His ways every day.

Having spent the majority of my life outside of knowing Jesus, I was given the opportunity to experience life fully in the secular world so that I can easily relate to those who are still on the run from the Truth today.

I strive to love people where they are in life and want to accept everyone as I find them. My greatest pleasure in life is sharing my thoughts and testimony with them in hopes that it will make a positive difference in their lives. I believe that what really counts in life is what you can do for others not just for ourselves.

I know that by myself I am weak and have very little ability to positively affect others. It is only through the Holy Spirit within me that I can do anything for anyone else. I have a long way to go but I am slowly learning to look to God first and not to do everything myself.

My goal is to plant seeds in others in hope that God can use these seeds along with the seeds of others and in His time take hold of their lives and bring them into full fruition of what He created them to be. We must accept the fact that God is fully in control of everything and He can use both good and bad things that occur to fulfill his purposes.

This Blog will be a personal commentary and observation point of things that go on around us every day. I am not perfect and do not claim to be an expert or spokesman for God. If you want to know what He thinks you must study the Bible and let Him speak to you directly. Therefore, read, respond and comment at your own risk. Beware! You may pick up a few seeds along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buddy
God is incredible. Because of 45 years of prayers of one woman God changed a "good" life into an "incredible" life. It gives us all hope and assurance in the ever grace of our Loving Father.